Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12

Day 12: How you found out about blogger and why you have one.

I think my cousin Sara first told me about blogger. I was starting to travel a lot and some of my extended family encouraged me to blog when I was out of the country because I don't call, text or email much, and an occasional blog post let them know I was still alive.

In other news, I finally went to lunch last week with the friend I mentioned here and here. It was so nice to see her, share stories, talk about challenges parents face at so many levels, and just be reminded of how God is in control. She told me about some friends of theirs who had a premature baby 4 months ago and the baby has been on life support since she was born. We talked about how no matter what trials any of us face, there is always someone who is dealing with more. I told Paul about this baby and he knows the parents really well, from Biola/California/ministry work, etc. He met with the father a couple of days ago to help with funeral arrangements for their sweet little baby, and today they are taking her off life support. Sometimes I really do have to remind myself (a lot) that God is in control. And I'm looking forward to a time when everything that happens in this life makes sense.

No comments: