Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2

Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name.

it's me, andrea.

I went through a phase a few years ago, around the time I started this blog, where I would say that on the phone. I think it started because of a conversation with some co-workers at IDFL about caller ID. And how most people say "Hello?" like they don't know who's calling. Then the caller, says, "hey, what's up?" (or whatever you say) and the answerer says, "Oh, hey!" After that conversation there were a few people who, whenever I called them I would say, "It's me, Andrea" and I would usually add something like "from work?" or "from church?" As if caller ID and me saying my name wasn't enough, I'd add the place where they would most likely know me from. "Hey, it's me, Andrea! Ya know, from work?" and then I'd wait for them to acknowledge that they knew who I was. Some people thought I was way dang funny, others probably not so much.

So there you have it. It's me, Andrea...from blogger.

No comments: