Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5

Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been.This is me in Ukraine. I know its kind of an artsy picture (that my friend Zhenya took) but this was probably my favorite day on this trip. There was so much going on, and so many decisions to make. So many hopes and plans and thoughts. None of which happened how I hoped and planned and thought, but I am where I am today because of things that happened (and didn't happen) on this trip. And I couldn't ask for a better life. (vague enough?)

Also, I'm getting sick of this 30 day thing already. I'm still going to try and blog everyday this month, but I might mix it up a bit, and skip some of the dumb things on the 30 day list. (I'll still tell you everyday what I'm supposed to do.)

Having said that, guess what I did today? I went to work! Garrett had both sets of Grandparents dying to spend time with him all day today, so I decided to see how I did spending a day away from him. The nice thing about my job is that even though I don't have a job, my old job is in their busiest season of the year and so if I have a day here and there that I'd like a little break, I can go in and help out. That's what I did today. It was good to get out and spent time with my old co-workers, but I missed my baby like crazy! When I got home I picked him up and hugged him and we cuddled for a while, then we played on the floor on his tummy time mat for a couple hours. He was wide awake and so happy. Its so fun watching his personality develop and to see the changes that happen from day to day. I'll probably work a couple more days, just through the rest of the year. Mostly Fridays when my mom is free to be with G. But I couldn't do it everyday. I'm so thankful that I get to be home with my munchkin.

No comments: