Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1

I stole this idea from another blog and I decided I'd do it this month. Cause isn't November like NoPoBlowMo or something?? There are 30 days worth of 'assignments' to blog about and I'll be blogging about one each day this month. (maybe...we'll see how I keep up.)

Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 facts about yourself.

I don't have a recent picture of just me, so here's me and my family.
1. I'm married to my best friend. Like, for real. It's pretty awesome.
2. I'm not afraid to travel by myself. In fact, I prefer it. It makes me meet new people faster and also figure things out faster. I.e. Trains, buses, directions, and even languages. Not that I've been anywhere long enough to learn a language, but when I'm alone in a foreign country I learn and retain the important words and phrases faster and better.
3. I want to visit all 50 states and all 7 continents. Right now I'm about half way through the states and I've been to 3 continents.
4. I'm unemployed. I'm a full time wife and mom. It's the best and hardest job I've ever had...but it's getting easier, and I'm sure it'll get harder.
5. I have to have the side of the bed that is farthest from the door. Not just at home. I do it at my in-laws, hotels, wherever we stay, I don't want to be by the door.
6. I used to want 8 kids. I loved the idea of a big family. Now I think 3 kids seems like a big family. Maybe 2...
7. I've thought a lot the past few weeks about quitting facebook. Huge, I know.
8. I never get sick of looking at my little boy.
9. I lecture my grandma and my mom often about how much they worry, and I'm realizing it probably started for them when they became moms.
10. I wish I could sew.
11. I probably have thousands of pictures on my computer and I often wonder if I'll ever print them and scrapbook again. I hope so, it's just so overwhelming and time consuming.
12. I miss The Wood Connection. I've thought a few times about working once in a while, maybe just a couple saturdays a month. Then I feel guilty for it. Like I don't appreciate that I get to stay home, or something.
13. I start getting excited for Christmas on October 1st. October for me is the start of the holiday season.
14. I hate saying "Good-bye." Not like on the phone or leaving a friends house or something. But like big good-byes. I've had a lot of times where I know I won't see someone again, but I don't tell them. I'd rather just do a normal "see ya later" kind of good-bye, and just know for myself that its a real good-bye. I've regretted that a time or two.
15. Some things I think and believe shock people. Also, I think I'm often misunderstood.

No comments: