Tuesday, January 8, 2008

andrea 101

I received an email "challenge" if you will, to post a blog called 101 things about me. So here goes. (3 days later) Ok, I finally finished, it was easier than I thought it would be and kinda fun.



1.Google earth blows my mind.

2. I was born on Feb. 20, 1980

3. I love wandering around Home Depot and Lowe's. I'm all about home improvements. I hope soon I'll have a home to improve.

4. I get alot of compliments on my eyes and my smile...that's all I got!


5. I struggle with stopping at red left turn arrows. Why can't they all just be yield on green lights?

6. I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

7. I'm very sarcastic. Sometimes too sarcastic.

8. I love to travel.

9. I've gone on 5 (that I remember)
last minute vacations.

One to a resort in Cabo San Lucas,
a cruise to Mexico, Los Angeles,
Seattle and Hawaii.

10. I love pedicures.

11. Shopping always makes me happy.

12. I have a hard time telling people my feelings. I have great conversations in my head or while driving alone in my car, but when it matters, it scares me more than anything. One of these days I'll do it. I bet it will feel empowering.

13. I'm not a great speller.

14. I love DVR. It's hard to watch live TV now.

15. In a couple weeks I will have been divorced for 4 years. Several people predicted I'd marry again within a year of my divorce. I guess I showed them.

16. Although I initiated my divorce it was still the hardest day of my life. (There's a line you wait in at the courthouse to sign papers for an uncontested divorce. I think being the notary who works that window would be the worst job in the world.) Bad gig.

17. I've had my heart broken 4 and a half times, (*For Kristin* Definition of a half broken heart: It's not completely broken but there are signs of a small fracture, and there is some pretty intense pain that will require some recovery time.) 2 of those times were by the same guy...but I still feel ok about second chances.

18. I love Celine Dion. I bought tickets to her SLC show over a year in advance.

19. I spent 2 months last year in Ukraine.

20. I have 3 brothers that I love more than they know.

21. My parents are pretty normal and I'm so grateful for that. I feel loved my them. They've done more for me that any parent should have to do and I know they'd do anything I ever need. They've been married for almost 30 years.

22. I wear flip flops for about 10 months out of the year. I wish I could do it year round.

23. I'm addicted to crushed ice. (Problems that cause this craving/addiction: anemia and sexual frustration. I suffer from both.)

24. I love chinese food.

25. I don't believe in fate or destiny.

26. I adapt well to most cultures and situations.
27. I love the Seattle Seahawks.

28. Curry in a Hurry is one of my favorite restaurants. I had a crush on the 26 year old Muslim owner and I was devastated when I learned he was married. He came to my house once to cook dinner for me and all my curry loving friends.

29. I've never gotten a ticket, but I have been pulled over...lots.

30. I hate sushi, and all seafood.

31. I dated a guy named George Washington.

32. I like my hair brown but everyone else likes it blonde,
it's almost always blonde, but I just dyed it brown.

I don't know how I feel about it this time.


33. I love to laugh.

34. I can't sleep with socks on.

35. I've never read a Harry Potter book or seen a Harry Potter movie and I don't ever plan on it.

36. I'm a pisces.

37. I don't know if I know what love is. My idea of it continues to change.

38. I hate being cold, and I'm cold all the time.

39. I pop my knuckles if I'm nervous or bored...or if they need to be popped. (And it doesn't cause arthritis.)

40. I LOVE getting flowers. It's the best thing ever.

41. I have a girl crush on Jennifer Aniston.

42. I sing loud in my car.

43. I've become the next girl, girl. I make guys perfect for the girl right after me.

44. I remember alot about my dreams, and I dream alot.

45. Me and my youngest brother have the
most in common of all the kids in my family.

46. Sometimes I feel more alone with people, than I do when I'm alone.

47. I love going to Jazz games. And I like the old school logo better.


48. I don't like Oprah.

49. I love Ellen.

50. I don't like being told what to do.

51. I broke my ankle on a date. He carried me into the ER and I had surgury that night, he was still there when I woke up.

52. I've successfully convinced my Grandma that I'm her favorite Grandchild.

53. I LOVE The Office.

54. I always eat the cookie before I read the fortune.

55. I love roller coasters.

56. I hated avocados and didn't dare touch them until I was 24,
now I love 'em.


57. I'm not good at math.

58. I'm going to write a book.

59. I love Radio From Hell on X96. And I've dated the producer Richy T...but who hasn't?

60. I'm a really good tipper.

61. I have 2 friends that I've known a year or less and they both know everything about me (and they still love me) and I know they'd do anything for me, and I'd do anything for them.


62. I love hosting parties. I get really creative and go all out.

63. I wish I could have a full body massage everyday.

64. I have a wierd thing with names. When I travel, go out, or date I always meet guys with the same names. (i.e. Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve. Brian, Bryon, Brian. Danny, Danny. Ben, Ben, Ben. Chris, Chris. Eric, Erick. Tom, Tom. Mike, Michael. Joe, Joe, Joey.) Sometimes it makes it easy, mostly it's really confusing. Here's an example of how to keep it straight: My Steve, Hugging Steve, Little Whipple, Steve Key West, Internet Steve. Tah duh!

65. I've been to 24 US states. Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorada, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. I want to go to all of them.


66. I've been to 14 countries. USA, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands and Vatican City.

67. I want to visit all 7 continents, I'm at 2 so far.

68. I collect key chains. I buy one everywhere I go and I have friends and family who buy them for me when they travel.

69. I love big crazy necklaces, and I own way too many.

70. I love taking pictures and scrapbooking.

71. I've moved 16 times. 14 of the 16 were after age 18.

72. I don't really like ice cream.

73. I hate Wal-Mart. Here's why.

74. I'm the co-founder of a paranormal society. K.A.P.S.

(Kristin and Andrea's Paranormal Society)

75. I like the smell of Glass Plus and Foam.

76. I wish I could speak every language.

77. I love gerbera dasies and roses.

78. I'm liberal, but just by Utah standards.

79. I have a couple of my kids names picked out.

80. Some of my nick names are: Drea, Grace, Ange, Green Ho, AndrEE, Pabloette, G, Spange, Sis, DreDre, Ange-bo. Ange is the best.

81. I'm livin' the dream.

82. I have metal in my ankle and you can feel it through my skin. In the winter in hurts alot
because the metal gets really cold.

83. I'm a certified Down, Feather & Textile Analyst.


84. I've had a pillow for 13 years that I don't sleep well without. It's called my Squishy.

85. When I was young it was my job to clean the bathroom. In an attempt to make it somewhat enjoyable I would pretend like I was doing commercials with the cleaning products. I'd hold them up in the mirror and talk about how great they were, then I'd do demonstrations on the counter top.

86. I have alot of faith in mankind. I think there are alot more good people in the world than bad.

87. I have an extreme phobia
of things getting close to my eyes,
and I can't watch other people
get close to their own eyes.
(make-up, contacts, eye drops, etc.)
It makes me cry.

88. I get emotional every time I hear the song "Christmas Shoes."

89. I never met my Dad's Dad.

90. I've been told a few times that I'm cute when I cry. I think I look like an illegal drug abuser.

91. My favorite colors are red and purple.

92. I'm alot more comfortable talking to guys than girls.

93. I want to learn to play the guitar. I have a guitar, I just don't know how to play it.

94. As I've gotton older I've become more guarded. There are a few people who know alot about me, but it takes me awhile to open up to people.

95. I come across very confident and I have and opinion on most things, but I'm kind of insecure.

96.I have two completely different plans of what I'd like to do with my life and they don't mix well with each other.

97. People think I'm a great cook. My old roommates called me Betty Crocker. Really, I just find simple things to make that taste good.

98. I'll probably never own a pair of stiletto heels.


99. Sometimes I say borderline inappropriate things just for shock value.

100. I was a Pallbearer at my Grandma's funeral.

101. I'm a yellow/red personality type. I think it's the best combination.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was by far the most enjoyable thing i've read...today!!! I want to be just like you when i grow up...except the boy version...I know i'm your favorite brother but you don't have to tell the whole world about it!!! I love you!

Melanie said...

Awesome! I highle recommend everyone do this. I liked # 59, 73 and 85 the best!

Anonymous said...

I love the brown hair, you are so beautiful. I agree about #85. Your blog is so fun to read girlie!!! I'm always pumped when I'm bored at work and see a new post. keep it up baby..

it's me, andrea. said...

Scott, no where in that post did I say you're my favorite brother. Just because we have the most in common does not automatically make you my fave. I love all of you the same!...(you know and I know and that's all that matters. wink wink)