Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24

Day 24: A letter to your parents.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm sitting here in California on vacation, and you both just got here today to join us for Thanksgiving. I'm so excited you're here!

I could tell you that I'm grateful for all the financial help you've given me over the years, from my broken ankle that happened between me having health insurance, school, bad choices that left me stranded in different parts of the country, etc. But I wont add all that up because I don't want to depress you when you realize that if it wasn't for me you could probably own a small island somewhere exotic.

So I'll just say thank you for always being there for me, no matter what.

Thank you for never giving up on me, even when it seemed hopeless.

Thank you for never disappointing me.

Thank you for doing so good all these years at the most thankless job, parenting.

Thank you for loving me.

Thank you for loving Paul.

Thank you for loving Garrett.

Thank you for waiting 30 years for me to have Garrett so you could finally see me begin to realize the constant hard work and dedication it takes to be a good parent.

I've always known that I had parents who loved me, parents who worked hard, parents who wanted the best for their kids, parents who sacrifice, parents who know how to be good parents. But it wasn't until I became a parent that I really learned a new way to love. Thank you for being prefect examples of that kind of love.

I miss you both already, so much. (Utah and California aren't that far away...)

Love, Andrea

No comments: