Monday, June 27, 2011

on guessing the gender of the baby

I haven't thought much about the sex of 2.0. I've been busy and I'm thinking more about 'Where is this baby going to sleep' and not so much 'How will we decorate the nursery'. (there is no nursery) Also, when I see how many clothes G has and had as a new born, I've realized that all I really need/want for the first 4 months are sleepers. And if its a boy, I don't need any, and if its a girl, that'll be easy enough to buy later. That's the extent of my thinking about it.

Well a couple weeks ago I was reading a friends blog who did the ring test. Where you hang your wedding ring over your belly from a string. If it goes in a circle it's a boy, if it swings back and forth it's a girl. We did it just for fun. 5 out of 6 times it said girl. Not convinced.

My chiropractor claims he has a accurate test where he gets your subconscious to say if its a boy or a girl. He asks but I don't answer. Then he pushes my ankles together and how ever they touch, it tells him what it is. Whatever. He asked boy 4 times and got no 4 times. He asked girl 4 times and got yes 4 times. Still not convinced.

Then a dealer at a blackjack table made me stand up so she could look at my stomach, and she said girl based on something that I didn't understand because her english wasn't great. For sure not convinced.

Most of our family and friends I think wanted it to be a girl, therefore thought it was a girl. I was all alone in my confidence that it was a boy.

We had our ultrasound this morning. Everything that can be checked at this point looks great. I've learned by seeing some pretty tough things that friends have gone through with their babies, not to say the baby is 100% healthy just by the 20 week ultrasound results. There's so much that can't be told at this point. But, what they can see, everything looks normal and well. So thankful for that. Also, that whole mother's instinct/gut feeling thing? I guess I have to get over that! Garrett is going to have a baby sister. Paul and I couldn't be happier.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congrats! What a cute little pair they will be. :) Girls are great, you'll have so much fun with her!

Jes said...

Congratulations! I have approximately one ton of 0-3 month baby girl clothes. For sure I have some sleepers in there. Drop me an email if you're interested.

Melanie said...

Yay for baby girls! We sure love ours!

Cat said...

Congratulations! You should move back to Utah. We need some more girls out here!!!! But man, with how cute Garrett is I don't know if I'd be able to handle his little sister! Hope you two are well!

Nourishing Creations said...

I was for sure that Jade was going to be a boy when I was preggo with her. I had to watch the ultrasound video over and over and over just to convince my reality that she was a girl!!