Sunday, June 26, 2011

anniversary getaway a few days late.

Paul and I want to try and go somewhere for our anniversary every year, even if its something small. I don't know how realistic that is, but we're going to try. This year, due to some commitments during the week of our anniversary and then the Greenhalgh family trip, we had to put it off for almost 2 weeks, but we made it!Thursday morning we caught the train in Fullerton and rode it to Santa Barbara. I love riding the train! I haven't done it for over 10 years, back in Europe, and I forgot how relaxing and fun it is. It took about 3 and a half hours to get there and we enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed in a little inn a half a block from the beach and 2 blocks from the main street that's full of shops and restaurants. And the inn was only 0.3 miles from the train station so we were able to walk everywhere.We checked into our room, freshened up a bit and went for a walk. We walked all the way up main street and back, saw a lot of fun things, got smoothies, and did a little shopping. We got back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit, dropped off our stuff and headed to the lobby area for complimentary cheese and wine hour. Paul designed this awesome book for me. He ordered it from Apple. It's pictures of our first two years of our marriage as well of pictures when were were dating. I was so impressed! I love it. He bought this rose for me from a guy who was making them on main street. So cool!That evening we found a yummy Thai restaurant and had dinner. Walked out on the wharf and bought some fudge and chocolates at a candy shop and headed back. We were in our room by 9:00! Party animals. During our afternoon shopping we found the card game Canasta that Mara and Aron introduced us to. We'd looked everywhere so we were so happy to find it! We played that for a couple hours and went to bed.

Friday morning we went downstairs for breakfast. And right after breakfast Paul had arranged for a masseuse to come to our room! I think I could get a massage everyday and not get sick of them.

That afternoon we went for a walk on the wharf again and had lunch.Look at this awesome tree we found. So amazing!We got home friday evening and our little G man was all smiles at the train station when we got back. Not even two full days and we really missed that kid! We had a great time. I really look forward to more trips like this. It's so good to get away, even if it's just over night. Thanks babe!

1 comment:

maranoelle said...

how fun!? have you guys been practicing for next week?? :)