Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm (pretending to be) Irish!...seriously.


When I was a chubby little kid in school I used to think I could wear a sticker or a pin like this on St. Patrick's Day and get boys to feel obligated to kiss me because I'm "Irish." Ok, so I'm not really Irish. But, I thought that because my last name has the word "green" in it that they'd believe me...and then kiss me. It didn't ever work.

Fortunately, I've recovered from those sad grade school days of multiple St. Patrick's Day rejections. And, I've even convinced a boy or two in my later years to kiss me. And I didn't even need a stupid sticker to do it! Hah!

But I think I might try the sticker thing today...I could use a little lovin'.

Happy St. Patrick's Day...with or without kisses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll kiss you, even if you're not Irish. I'll even make up for all those years of rejection. tho' I find that hard to believe. Who in all their right mind would reject a kiss from you babe?!?

Anonymous said...

I agree. You're full of Irish-it! Who would reject you?..wait, I did one time, remember!! HAH, Just jokin! MUAH!! There's your St. pattys kiss.

it's me, andrea. said...

Thanks boys. And while I'm sure you're both equally good lip-lockers, (i wouldn't know)...I'm with the girls tonight!

Anonymous said...

Curious, did you get your kiss? And why are you irish folk the only ones who demand affection? And why did you never call my roommate back? I know you love being publicly put on the spot, howd I do?

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.