Wednesday, March 26, 2008

i don't really have a type.

My mom has this (secret) hope for me to get married again. A few months ago she told me she wants me to pursue marriage with "vigor." She denies it now, but lets be honest, who says Vigor?? You can't make stuff like that up. I appreciate my moms concern for my happiness and I'm also glad that she sees that I'm very independent and happy being not married too. Maybe someday I'll get married again, and maybe not. But she'll love me anyway. (Right Mom??)

Anyway, a couple days ago my mom and I were talking about all the guys I've dated. We were discussing the ones she liked and disliked. The liked list was pretty short...One guy almost made it on the list. (Not that she didn't like 'em, just not for me.) Needless to say, I haven't had the best luck in the relationship arena. I've dated a lot (i guess), but I think as a general rule you could say I've found everything I don't want. But I've had some fun. You'd think that with the huge list I could compile of things I don't want that I'd have a good list of things I want. But I don't. I guess I could write one, I just never have. (Besides when I was 15 in a Young Woman's class and our teacher made us.) Back then it was stuff like: a returned missionary, an eagle scout, a BYU grad, wants alot of kids. etc. My list would be MUCH different these days. None of those requirements would be on it.

Here's some boys I wouldn't mind dating. If anyone knows someone who knows someone and could help me out.


George Clooney...what a total babe.

Jason Taylor...Miami Defensive End, currently on Dancing With The Stars. Adorable.

Gerard Butler...so innocent and cute.

John Krasinski...are you kidding me. Delicious hunk of man meat.

Liam Gallagher...Oasis...his voice hypnotizes me.

Ralph Macchio...(Daniel Son) Ok, I don't really have a crush on Ralph as Ralph, just Daniel Son.

As you can see, I don't even have a particular look I like. Let alone personality, etc. I thought it was maybe America that was my problem, but I did a little searching in Europe and South America and that didn't work out. I'm proving one country at a time that there's not a man in the world that's right for me! Maybe that's my problem, I need to narrow my search. Not that I'm in a big hurry, but if I want to see my 2008 predictions come to pass, I need to focus. I guess I have til December, but I'm not doing so hot on my other predictions, so getting a head start wont hurt.

(I really think John Krasinski and I would be perfect for each other. So, if you're reading this John, drop me a line. Let's make it happen captain!)

4 comments:

Randi Kay said...

Hey Andrea,
This is John from The Office. I am just hanging out with Randi and she showed me your blog. First of all, I am flattered. Second of all, can I take you out for ice cream or something?

Love Always,
John.

it's me, andrea. said...

I would love to go out for ice cream with you John. I think you're my soul mate...even though I don't believe in those.

Randi is so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Let me clarify the "(I guess)" for you: Yes, you date a lot. Just saying "a lot" is an understatement. In fact it may be safe to say that I've never known anyone who dates more than you. How do you keep them straight, especially when there are multiple dates in one day?? Don't deny it, you know it happens. I don't feel sorry for you. :)

Anonymous said...

You have a new bed, right?
-You are going to Mexico in a couple weeks, right?
-You already have your own apartment, right?

It sounds like you're right on or a little ahead of schedule for your year plans.

Maybe you should hang the mistletoe in October, just to be safe.