Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Project 365: 70-78

March 11- An early morning walk to Coffee Bean for an ice blended before Mimi and Bapa headed back to Utah.
March 12- Family Date Night.  Hamburgers, Trader Joe's, and frozen yogurt.  (According to Garrett: "fries and play slide." (Burger King Playground), "Sticks!" (free stickers for kids at TJ's), and "Ice Cleam!"
March 13- "Uncle" Braden, a Funeral Director friend from Utah, crashed at our place in the middle of the night after driving a case down from SLC.  I made him breakfast while he played with my kids, and then he was back on the road.
March 14- Look at those sweet little hands.  I looked through a baby book of mine today, and I had so much more hair than her when I was this age, but she's a lot cuter than I was! I just love her.
March 15- Garrett was with his grandparents, and instead of being productive at home, Addie and I went shopping and did some party planning.
March 16- Thank you Trader Joe's 'Everyday Seasoning' (with a built in grinder), for making our vegis so pretty and delicious!  Also, I found a great, simple seasoning for the chicken and now I can't find the link to give credit...I think it's 'The crayon box recipes' or something.  Anyway, apparently this it how you should always prep your chicken, whether it's to grill, put in a casserole, add to Alfredo sauce, or whatever. And after tasting it, I agree.  So here it is: for 2 chicken breasts I did, 1/2 tsp of each of the following- salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.  Mix all those in a bowl, then sprinkle it on the chicken and rub it in.  Heat a couple Tbs. olive oil in a frying pan and barely brown the chicken.  Really just to make the seasoning stick.  The recipe said to then bake it at 350 for 25 minutes but we grilled ours and it was yummy.  I think I would do this to the chicken to use in other recipes because it adds such a great flavor.  And I had all the spices on hand! I feel so grown-up when I have all the ingredients for a new recipe.
March 17- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
March 18- Addie was a nightmare all day.  Fussy, needy, constantly bugging Garrett and getting into everything she shouldn't.  Then Paul came home for lunch, so I starting complaining about her, and she was a sweet little angel the whole time he was home.  Yeah, I'm sure he believed me after a good-bye hug like this!
March 19- I made this dress for Addie during her nap.  She would only hold still for a picture if Garrett would stand next to her.  The whole dress cost less that $2.50 to make, and took less than 30 minutes to make it.  I think I'll make a couple more!

No comments: