Friday, February 6, 2009

Lists of lists...of lists...of lists...

I'm gonna try and limit my posts about wedding planning, but I can't make any promises. I am so excited, first of all. We're getting married June 12th and having a reception that night as well. The rehearsal dinner will be on the 11th, all in SLC somewhere, and then we're having a reception in Southern California on June 20th. Oh, and we'll be honeymooning between the events. Paul and I spent most of our last day in Cali talking wedding and the whole next day on the drive home was pretty much all wedding. There is so much to think about, especially with a 2 location event.

Here is just a very small idea of whats to come...

-an invitation with warm beach pictures AND cold mountain pictures.
-dresses for people from California all the way to Alabama
-finding a CA location (and a UT one)
-having some places in Utah to show the Whites by next friday when they fly out to meet my parents.
-Guest lists for rehearsal, ceremony, UT reception, CA reception. Oh, and we each have one for each event, so that's 8 guest lists in the works right now.
-The to-do list that we started on Monday. It has about 30 things on it, and it's just the list of things we need to make lists of.

Oh, and this was comforting. I got on a website to help locate local vendors, etc. I had to register to use the site and when I was scanning through some info there was a to-do list. At the top of the list in big bold letters it said, "Congratulations! You're engaged!" Then at the bottom of the list in small print, it said, "You have 110 other tasks to complete." Great. Thanks.

I'm glad we still have 126 days...and that we're keeping it "kinda small"...

2 comments:

Kelly O. said...

So do you need help? I LOVED having my reception at The Bungalow in American Fork or my brother had a nice one at Aspen Landing in Taylorsville... those are both all-inclusive (cake, food, decorations, flowers, etc.) places for cheap! If you don't mind doing some stuff on your own there's Cactus & Tropicals, the Salt Lake Hardware building is super cool looking, The Pointe restaurant at the Huntsman Building. Some pricier ones include Red Butte Gardens and Thanksgiving Point. Anyway, let me know if you need any help! I'm so excited for you!

Bryon said...

I love lists, If you made a countdown of them like on VH1 that might make it more fun (Top 110 thing to do for your wedding), CMT's lists are fun too... Maybe they are more fun to watch than do. Good Luck