Saturday, July 12, 2008

Small Acts Of Service...a Mormon leader who knew what was up.

Bits and pieces of this quote have been going through my head the past few days, it was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember it, and a total stranger helped me find it. Thank you.

I like it, and I agree with it. So many people have been there for me, and I know maybe the past few months I haven't done as well as I should to be there for others. Praise the Lord that I always have learning and growing experiences, and the chance to do better.

It's a quote by President Spencer W. Kimball, the 12th prophet of the LDS church...I think it could and should apply to people of any faith.“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom. The people of the Church need each other’s strength, support, and leadership. … So often, our acts of service consist of simple encouragement or of giving mundane [ordinary] help with mundane tasks, but what glorious consequences can flow from mundane acts and from small but deliberate deeds!”

I guess this is my follow up post to this one, from a couple days ago, which was a bit confusing and pity party-ish. Sorry.

3 comments:

Mandi Baby said...

He definitely definitely knew what was up!

Anonymous said...

I read your last post on Mormanity and there is something incredibly powerful about the journey you're on and your real desire for truth. I can only imagine how hard it must be, and at times lonely to continue on the path. Don't allow Satan to bring you down. The truth will come and you will know when it has.

Anonymous said...

Hey cutie, I think you're doing just fine. Thanks for letting me take you to dinner, finally! ;-))