Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the 5 things in my brain today...

1. I'm a distracted driver. I need to focus more and I'm really working on it. I speed up at yellow lights, I sometimes forget my seatbelt, often don't use my blinker, and sometimes I get home and don't remember how I got there...Oh, and once in a while I've been guilty of texting, but in my defense, I'm practicing texting without looking (at the phone) and I'm getting pretty good. But I feel like I'm a good driver so maybe I don't need to focus as much as other people. I've only been in one accident while driving and it wasn't my fault and it was also in my aunts car. So, doesn't count. And, I've NEVER gotten a ticket. 12 years of ticket free driving. I've gotten enough printed warnings to wall paper the Delta Center, err, Energy Solutions Arena. By the way, what is that? I kept waiting for Larry H. Miller to tell us we got punked, but I guess the ESA is for real, huh? Anyway, no tickets.

2. 2 annoying things...one I read on a blog, and one I heard on the radio. "I'm so blessed that I've never known anyone with different beliefs than me." Really? Really? That's a blessing? And on the radio, "I don't believe in ugly people." (Me thinking, WTF?) and then, "There's plastic surgery, there's make-up..." (Me, wow.) I wanted to call in but I didn't know the number and they didn't say it before I had to go in to the meeting I was headed to.

3. So is anyone else loyal to the Sinclair on 11th east and like 1970 South-ish?? I think the gas pumps are magic. No matter how empty my tank is or how much the price has climbed since the previous week, it ALWAYS stops at exactly $50.00 -6 times in a row!! That's weird.

4. I'm trying to simplify so my brain doesn't explode. Everything is too crazy and fast and busy and optiony. I'll never say I need to buy a schick quattro, or a titanium whatever, or a Braun Norelco, or a Gillette Venus Embrace, or a Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Ladies Shaver. I'll always just need to buy a razor. And, (Grape Nuts agrees with me, even though I think grape nuts are sand in a box. They have this new un-sugar coat things canpaign going on.) Beds are beds, not sleep systems. And lastly, to me, all game systems are Nintendos.

5. I was in a dressing room tonight trying on a dress for a wedding I have to sing at and there was a mom and a little girl in the room next to me. The girl sounded about 5 or 6. She tried something on and the mom said, "Do you like it?" And the little girl said, "Wow! I look kind of gorgeous!" It was so cute.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I know Magic is a lot more fun... but it's most likely a limit they've put on your specific credit or debit card per transaction. Well, I take that back, it's probably magic.

it's me, andrea. said...

Yeah, it's magic. Cuz it always gets all the way full, so it's most logical that it's magic.

Anonymous said...

If your price for gas never changes, then I think it is magic too!!! I pay an arm and a leg for my SUV and it is always going up! Your blog posts always make me laugh, I enjoy them!

Rin said...

Wow...#2 Sheesh. Those are the people I have the hardest time with; the ones who only want to associate with those that share their beliefs. Yet, as I explore other beliefs more and more, I've realized how hard it is to be in that unfamiliar place and how I almost want to go running back to those kind of people just for comfort reasons. Probably didn't word that right.

Ryan Kiel said...

hey andrea, entertaining blog! you're getting cut off at $50 because before you start pumping the machine 'authorizes' the card to make sure your credit limit will cover up to $50 in gas before you transport it to your tank. Once your car has sucked up $50 in gas, it cuts off because it hasn't checked to make sure your credit limit can cover more than that. Once you put the pump back in its slot it 'captures' the sale and sends it in for processing. It's a magical process that occurs every time you buy something with a credit card!

it's me, andrea. said...

Dang. i really wanted it to be magic...i was starting to think i had a magic car too...oh well. Thanks, smart friends.