Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Monday and Tuesday

The holiday was good for me, and so was today. Nothing really exciting, just good. Yesterday morning I did a little more spring cleaning, then I went to Bountiful to pick up Scott and he and I went to my Auntie and Uncle John's and had a BBQ with Dave, Neally and Uncle Randy. It was so much fun. We talked and laughed and ate good food for hours. After that I decided to stop by my Grandma and Grandpa's in Centerville to say hi and ended up staying there for 4 hours. Grandma and I had a good religious discussion. Then Grandpa joined us and we played games for a while. I have the cutest grandparents ever. I love them so much.

This morning I had a really productive meeting with my boss and then the rest of the work day went really well. Tonight Paul took me to dinner and it was great. I was out of town and then he was out of town so we had a lot to catch up on. After dinner we went to our favorite yogurt place, Spoon Me. It's the best, I hope we all get to "spoon" in heaven. On the way to Spoon Me we decided to meet my brother Scott at the airport to pick up my parents and my Aunt Barbara, so we grabbed some yogurt and headed to the airport. They were getting home from a couple weeks in Europe. It was good to see them, they were surprised that we were all 3 there. Then we all went to my Grandparents house and talked about their travels for a while. They had a great time and I'm so happy they got to go on this trip.

So...this was probably really boring to read, but my blog is turning into a journal for me and I try to post kinda like its for me and no one else is reading it. I'm glad people read it, but now and then it'll be boring to everyone but me.

Anyway, after Paul dropped me off tonight I thought about yesterday and today and I was really grateful for family and for good friends and for opportunities to just be together. I'm glad things don't always have to be big and extravagant, and that God puts people and situations in our lives when we really need them.

I know I didn't go into much (or any) detail about any of the conversations I had the past couple days, but I guess the reason I feel happy is because after everything was done I left feeling closer to everyone I've mentioned in this post. And that's good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you had such a productive day!!! I hope life is going good for you. I miss ya. I got talked into doing one of these blog things. I have no idea how to do it, but I gave it a try. I ran into a couple different people at Roy High graduation last week, who told me I should do it. I am glad I was able to find you!! Talk to you soon, Joni

Anonymous said...

I love how happy you are. It makes me happy.

Rin said...

Connecting with people...or re-connecting with family and friends is seriously the best feeling.

Anonymous said...

Who is Paul?