Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hawaii.

We made it to Hawaii. For those of you who don’t know, “we” is my brother Taylor and I. I had to come to Hawaii for work and there are a few projects to do out here so Taylor came with me to earn a few bucks.

This post isn’t about Hawaii cuz we just got here a few hours ago. It’s about our travels from The SLC to Kaua’i.

First, do I look like a terrorist? I guess its ok if I do, but I get “randomly selected” for bag searches at security just about every time I travel. I don’t mind, but it takes longer and I wonder why it always happens to me. First, you have to take off jackets, shoes, belts, etc. Then you stand in a box for a few seconds and suddenly have these intense blasts of air shot at you. The air checks for bomb making chemicals or something. Then, you go through the medal detectors and sometimes get felt up. Then, you stand in a glass box for a minute while all the non-terrorist looking people walk by and look at you. (I’d hate to be a gold fish.) Then they take you and all your bags to do a thorough search. This consists of taking a magic wand and rubbing it all over my lap top, camera, cell phone and ipod. Then stirring everything in my purse with the same magic wand, taking a good look at my 2 dollar flip flops and then sending me on my way. Missing, I might add, that I have liquids, (lotion and lip gloss) NOT in a plastic bag. Oh well.

Second, I have no sense of direction when I have someone with me. Whether I’m at an office building, driving, or at the airport. When I’m alone I can get anywhere and find anything with no problems. But if I’m with someone they completely enable me. I sometimes can’t find my own apartment if someone is in the car with me. And when I’m walking to a destination I do it with complete confidence until finally the other person notices how far off we are and asks if I have any idea where I’m going. It’s weird. It happened today more than once. Finally Taylor said something like, “Aren’t you a seasoned traveler?? Why do you keep walking to the wrong gates?” I can make an international connection at JFK in less than an hour if I’m alone, but give me two and a half hours in phoenix with a domestic connection and someone with me, and I feel like the whole world is upside down.

Third, we flew here on Taylor’s birthday. (see the post below) And I tried to get him to be happy that he got a 28 hour birthday cuz we gained four hours. He didn’t think it was cool, he just said, “4 more hours to realize how old I am.” Getting old isn’t that bad. I’m doing way good at it.

Ok, I’ll try and keep you up to date with pictures and events over the next couple weeks. But that’s all for now. Oh, one more thing. This morning when my mom was driving us to the airport she told us that she and my dad are doing a will. They’re going to Europe in a week and I think they’re worried. Anyway, she asked if there was anything we wanted, I said the piano, and her ring. Then I realized if their plane goes down the ring will too. Taylor was trying to think of things he wanted and he said, “It’s hard to think of things I want without getting excited about you guys going down.” Mean! (he was joking) Then he suggested that maybe they should give us the stuff now so we’ll be sad when they die. Anyway, I’m sure they’ll be fine. But just a suggestion when you read this mom, maybe you should leave the ring home. That, the piano, and of course my share of the millions you’ve been keeping a secret, and I think I’ll be good.

Ok, I lied, (I typed the first part earlier) here's a bit about Hawaii. We just walked down to the beach after sunset and got some cool pictures. Pretend like I look cuter than I do. I'm goin' on almost 40 hours of no sleep and I'd just gotten out of the shower. It was so pretty. And I bought Tay cupcakes and ice cream and we had a mini birthday party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the best life. If we get married can I travel to all these cool place with you? ;-)

it's me, andrea. said...

Yes Ronnie, IF i get married I'll take my hubby with me. As for you and I...don't hold your breath. ;) ...I don't deserve you!

Anonymous said...

You look cute, sleepless and clean. Wish i was there.