Monday, April 7, 2008

the rundown. general conference weekend.

Along with General Conference weekend usually comes mission reunions for the LDS boys and girls who serve missions for the church. And while I didn't serve a mission I've been the date of an RM a time or two. Always a bit awkward, but not unbearable. This past friday was no different. My friend Zhenya is in town from Ukraine and I went to his reunion with him. I knew a few people. One guy who carried me out of an english class in college when I passed out, one I dated a bit and then "phased out" and one blind (really really bad) date. He kept calling, I kept avoiding, I wasn't worried cuz I knew I'd never see him again, I sat right in front of him friday night.

Saturday morning I went to the AM session of GC with Greg, Robyn, Paul and someone and his wife someone. I wish I was good with names. 3 evangelicals, 2 mormons, and me...I don't know what I am... It was pretty fun. There were a lot of protesters there. It kinda bums me out. And honestly the signs either make people laugh or piss people off. And everyone goes home believing the same way they believed before they protested. Oh well.

I slept through the afternoon session. But I pushed record on my DVR when I realized I needed a nap. I haven't watched it yet.

Yesterday morning I went to church at K2, and Paul came with me. (Have I mentioned how great he is?) We met up with some friends, Erik and Deb. After church we went to breakfast at this cute little place called The Park Cafe. It was really good to talk with them. (Everyone that I mention lately are friends of Paul's and he's just nice enough to introduce me to them.)

After that we went to my parents house and watched the afternoon session of GC and had dinner.

I got home last night feeling a little over-whelmed and kinda sad. It was a long and eventful weekend. (I left out a few things...other conversations, hanging out, reading books, not sleeping, etc.) I hoped that sleeping on it would help, but it's monday morning and I'm still blah. (The slush and snow and cold weather isn't helping.) But it really was a pretty good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you and Zhenya date a few months ago? How was that? Just friends? Rekindle? Is it any of my business? haha!!

it's me, andrea. said...

Yes we did to your first question, and no it's not to you last question. haha back at ya. ;) It was good to see him...he still lives in Ukraine and I still live in America...thats all.