Monday, April 28, 2008

Let's do lunch.

I usually have lunch meetings for work at least 3 days a week, but last week I had none. So I had lunch with different friends, 4 to be exact. I love having lunch with friends. It's a good catch up time. So thanks Melanie, Erik, Braden and Joe.

It was interesting talking with Melanie. She has a lot of exciting changes coming up. We've known each other for 22 years. She's married, pregnant, and she and Justin are moving into their first house this weekend. I've seen a lot of friends get married, have babies and buy houses. I'm pretty happy with no husband, no kids and no house. But when I'm with Melly my biological clock ticks louder. She's a grown-up...and I'm older than her. Only by 22 days though, unless it's a leap year, then I'm a lot older.

Me and Braden had fun too. Way too much fun. I worked with Braden at IDFL until a few months ago. We were both bosses and some times each others boss. But even when he was my boss, I was always his boss. Right Bray Bray? Braden and I kinda dated...maybe...I don't really know. Everyone at work wanted us to date and sometimes we started steamy rumors about ourselves to get people talking. Anyway, I have so much fun with him. He thinks I should have a reality TV show called 'Andrea's Special Powers' it would be on the Discovery Channel. Another title idea was 'Andrea and Her Chamber of Secrets' but I nixed that. I wanna keep it clean. The show would be about me. duh. I would buy a plane ticket to a scary or foreign location and I'd fly there with no money. The point of the show would be for me to see how long I could survive before I'd have to fly home...or die I guess. Braden is absolutely convinced that I have powers to get what I want. And he thinks I could get people anywhere in the world to take me in and take care of me. He's crazy...but I kinda wanna do it. Maybe I will. We sat and talked for a couple hours and laughed so much. I miss him. When we worked together I laughed the painful stomach and face hurting laughs daily. Now, not so much. We went to the Himalayan Kitchen (maybe I spelled that wrong) SO GOOD! After arguing for a few minutes about who was buying, I looked at him and said, "wow, why did I ever let you go?!" ...he bought. Hah! I do have special powers. ;)
This is us. 1st pic, my last day at IDFL. All the rest, last year at his house on the 24th of July...we live on the edge.

And lastly, not lunch, but still fun. I had my family over for dinner last night. Not the whole family, just Mom, Dad, Scott, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Barbara and Paul. Paul isn't family, but he kind of is. My parents claim him. I made mexican food. Tried 4 new recipes, 2 of them I made up and it was an overall success. This is the cake I made. Scott thinks I have too much time on my hands, but it really didn't take long. It's not frosting on the cake, its moose. So good, and so bad for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for talking about our lunch! What's a guy got to do to get mentioned? Fiddler's Elbow isn't good enough for you?? Just joking. And that cake is impressive. You've always been such an awesome hostess. Well done.

Kofa High Sports Medicine said...

I don't like moose...the antlers get in the way. I am a fan of mousse though! It's so creamy and delicious. ;)

it's me, andrea. said...

I think there should be one spelling for every word (that's the same word) like moose and mousse, and knead and need, and hare and hair, and Greenhall and Greenhalgh. English sucks...so does my name.

it's me, andrea. said...

Oh, and Joe- Our lunch was just too awesome to even try to explain. I heart you and the Elbow.