Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you're dodging recliners on the freeway?

Ok...that really happened to me and Kristin once. It was like a sudden uncontrollable obstacle course at 75 miles an hour. We hit one of 'em. Oopsie! ...but we lived to tell.

Anyway, I've been feeling a little like I'm in that obstacle course lately. But it's not always really hard like a freeway/furniture obstacle course. Maybe sometimes its like Guitar Hero, and I don't know the song that well. Overall it's pretty fun, but there's so much pressure to hit all the right notes and it gets harder and faster and more people are listening and watching to see how its gonna end. When I miss a note some people are disappointed and others keep cheering me on. Some lose interest and some wanna stick with me til the last note. I'm not gonna give up, but sometimes it feels too hard and I wanna play another game (maybe Mario Brothers). But those distractions don't last and I keep goin' on with my song. Even though some of the people who are most interested in the outcome, don't even like the song I'm playing. Ok, wow, enough of that. Real life stays easier for me if I compare it to dumb things, like video games.

My life is good. Sure its been filled with unexpected twists and turns, some good, some bad, but who's hasn't, right? And lets be honest- if my life would have gone exactly how I planned in my emotional giddy hopeful teen years, I'd probably be bored and unhappy right now. I'm not bored and I'm not unhappy.

I've had two 'reality check' conversations in the past 24 hours and I'm kinda down right now. Nothing I didn't already know, just some stuff I needed to re-realize, and maybe something I just need to accept I guess. I bet I'll be fine by morning and maybe I'll delete this post. Even though this is vague and maybe incomplete, I just needed to get it out. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

it's me, andrea. said...

Guitar Hero is a godsend, point taken. And I am feeling better, thanks for the email Z.