Sunday, June 16, 2013

4 years.

Paul and I celebrated our forth anniversary on the 12th.  It was a good day.  Thinking and talking about this day four years ago and how far we've come, and how far we still have to go.

We hadn't really planned for a babysitter, so when we talked about what to do, we were trying to think of something fun for the kids to do with us.  We decided to go bowling and out to dinner at the Puente Hills Mall.  We had so much fun, just our little family.  And bowling was a huge hit.  6lbs was the smallest ball they had, and I didn't think Addie would be able to carry it herself.  I forgot for a minute how strong and determined that girl is.  She kept up with Garrett the whole time.  She even snuck up behind Paul one time and threw her ball down the alley, no ramp needed for that girl!

We had Mongolian barbecue for dinner.  It's my favorite food court type food, and our kids are noodle addicts.
After dinner we wandered a bit.  Bought some new books from a fun little store, READiscovery Books, stopped by the big sale at Bath and Body Works, and shared a Cinnabon on our way out.
Paul and I don't do much for holidays.  At least we say we're not doing much, but he always surprises me.  This year, I wanted a griddle and he wanted a juicer. So about a week before our anniversary, he went and bought both.  I thought that's all we were doing, because we talked about it and decided that's all we were doing.  Then on our anniversary, he surprised me with a dozen red roses, and a new iPhone.  A while back, Garrett tried to squeeze a tomato on me and as I tried to stop him I bumped my phone off the arm of the chair on a patio and it broke the screen.  I've lived with the crack for over a year, and I'm quite used to it, but Paul decided I needed an upgrade.

I love Paul.  He's pretty great and it's a pretty great thing when you find that one person who you want to spend the rest of your life with and they feel the same way about you.

No comments: