Monday, January 7, 2013

Project 365:1-7

I did project 365 in 2009 and it was easier than I thought it would be.  Looking back on different weeks from that year every once in a while is more fun than I thought it would be.  It's amazing what you can remember about an entire day just by one picture and a brief description.  I take too many pictures.  I post too many pictures.  I'm overwhelmed with my files of pictures.  I feel like I enjoy the memories more when it's a simplified version of the event.  I'll still take lots of pictures, I'm sure, and this project isn't being done in order to 'cure' me of that, it's just to help me remember and document the little things.  It also makes me see, without a lot of effort I've found in the past, at least one thing everyday that I'd like to remember.

So here goes...  Oh the only things I'm changing up this time are that I'm taking all the pictures with my phone.  Not the best quality, but I know I'll be more successful with this plan.  Also, I don't know that I'll keep up with it weekly on my blog.  Maybe every couple weeks.  I'd like to keep up on it, but we'll see.  I'm also posting them on instagram daily, (which I don't really 'do' instagram, but I guess I kind of do, mainly for this), so I'll be able to look back and catch up.

Anyway... Week One:

January 1- Paul and I went to see Les Miserables on New Years Day.  I absolutely loved it.  I've seen the musical several times, and know the music well, but I was still surprised at how much of the entire show I have memorized, and how often I wanted to sing along.  It was beautifully done.  (And I only sang a little bit, (and quietly) of, Do You Hear The People Sing?)
January 2- At lunch with my mom, Garrett and Lulu.  She decided on January 1st, after dabbling with the idea of walking since her birthday, that she could in fact move faster on her feet. This is now her preferred mode of transportation.  (I already miss the 'peg-leg' 'hop-along' 'scooter' 'shuffle' move that we all grew to know and love.)
January 3- We had a picnic and played at the park on this 70 degree day, just after reports from family in Utah that it was 9 degrees there.  I don't hate California winters.
January 4- Paul and I went on a date to Rubi's.  We'd never been and we were not disappointed.  When you come visit, we'll take you there.
January 5- My mom and I left Paul with the kids and went to Les Miserables again.  It was just as good the second time.  Maybe better.  Russell Crowe didn't blow me away either time, and the second time around I found myself wanting to make fists and put my arms in the air, just to help him feel something, during 'Stars' mostly.  Everythinkg else, breathtaking.  Marius and the school boys and little Gavroche were my faves.  And Jean Valjean...  And Eponine...
January 6- My in-laws have been looking for a Mastiff breeder for at least 6 months and they finally got a puppy.  The kids already love this (still nameless) little pup!
January 7- Chinese food with Mimi.  My mom leaves tomorrow to go home to Utah.  So for her last night we went to The Block to walk around and have dinner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get a shake at Rubi's?? I can't believe it's taken Daniel 12.5 years to take me there. I'm still dreaming about asada fries and a coffee/vanilla shake...

it's me, andrea. said...

I had a shake but not the kind you had. Everything was so good! But now I want to go back and try both things you mentioned.