Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The rest of the Utah trip.

We had lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Garrett, and then an evening at Temple Square. Grammy chased Garrett around the visitors center for about a half hour while Paul talked to the missionaries.Four Generations.Paul took me to lunch at my favorite Indian restaurant, Curry in a Hurry. Then we went to Nailed, and both got pedicures. That night we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I had no idea they were coming to SLC after Christmas this year. It worked perfectly and it was a total surprise. It was the highlight of my trip!There was so much that I didn't take pictures of. I'm getting really bad about that. Lunch with friends...a couple visits to the wood connection...lunch with Paul's old work friends...We got to see the Mchenrys.Addie made it till mid-night on new years eve. (Garrett missed it by about 4 hours.) She had a two hour nap just before mid-night, but it sounds like Dick Clark did too, so it still counts.We were supposed to head home on new years day, but a couple days before, my mom got a call from my aunt about a shower for my cousin. His wife is having twins and there was a shower planned for new years day. There was a bit of a miscommunication, and person A thought person B was doing food, and person B thought person A was doing food and person C was doing decor and games, and person C didn't know they were supposed to be involved at all. My aunt called in a panic to see if I could give her some ideas... Long story short, we extended our trip an extra day and I did food for 40 people, games, decor, and favors for the shower.I guess Garrett wanted to stay with Grammy...We're home now and doing alright. Paul has been sick for 2 and a half weeks and Garrett and I both got colds in Utah. So this week we're just trying to rest a lot and keep Addie healthy.

No comments: