Thursday, June 12, 2014

A week of sick.

Garrett and Addie had never in their lives had fevers. Until Charlie was born. Now they've each had week long mystery fevers. Addie's was when Charlie was about a week old and it was followed by all of us except Paul getting colds. And Garrett's was two weeks ago. In a week he spiked to 104 several times and stayed around 101 most of the time. We were at the pediatrician once and the ER twice. After about 5 days of high fever he started getting a rash that eventually covered him from head to toe (Roseola.) Poor little dude. He starts school at the end of August and I'm nervous about all the germs he'll be bringing home with him! Thankfully no one else in the family got it this time.

He's such a trooper when he's sick. He doesn't want anyone to worry about him and he tries really hard to act okay. I can't tell you how many times I heard him cheerfully say, "I'm feeling better!" As his weak, warm, red spotted little body would wake up from a nap. It broke my heart. 
"Mom, what's this? What's this? What's this?" About a million times... I came up with some pretty creative uses for all the stuff hanging on that wall. 
I told him not to step on the gray floor and he kept pretending to escape. 
He had to have a chest X-ray in the ER. The man doing it was so impressed with how well Garrett followed every instruction and how still he sat. He told him he'd never had a kid that young listen so well and not cry and/or need mom or dad to hold them in place. He was so shy as he was being complimented. I was so proud of him. 
We had a lot of time to kill so we took a lot of pictures. 
Even under hard circumstances, I love one on one time with this kid. He's a pretty cool dude. 


Glad we're done with that and I'm hoping for a healthy summer! 

No comments: