Thursday, October 18, 2012

weekend with Auntie Mara

I mentioned yesterday that Mara booked a moral support flight last minute.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  Paul was going to Utah for 2 days for a meeting and we decided kind of last minute to add Addie to the flight so that Garrett and I could have some one on one time.  Life with only one kid is easy enough I suppose, but the hard days I was having leading up to it had me overwhelmed and worried.  Mara's trip was perfect timing. Not only was it great to have her here to talk late, go on walks, watch chick flicks, etc. But Garrett is in love with her, so she got to do a lot of the diaper changing, loading in the car, bath-time... He picked her, so I got a little break from the everyday and several times a day stuff.  And we had a great time!

We took him to The Aquarium of the Pacific.  He loved every bit of it!  It was the perfect outing.  And I wish you could all hear how he says 'fish'.  After we finished there, we walked around long beach and had some lunch.  When we left, Garrett was asleep in the car before we even made it to the freeway.  Then he slept for 3 more hours once we got home.  So much to see and it all just wore him out.




The next day we went shopping in Huntington Beach.  And that evening we went to a Pumpkin Patch.


And the rest of the time we hung out at home.  Cooked, played games, talked for hours.  And the night before Mara left, Paul was back and he stayed home with the kids so just she and I could go out.  It was such a fun weekend.  Thank you Auntie Mara for coming to California.  Garrett and I both needed it!  We love you!

This was the only picture I got from Paul and Addie's trip.  Looks like it was a party!

No comments: