Wednesday, March 7, 2012

catching up...

I really don't feel like much has gone on since I blogged last, two weeks ago. But I just uploaded pictures from my camera, and between mine and the ones Jordon put on my computer from their visit last week, I have 434 pictures to go through and add to this post. Don't worry...that number will be cut WAY down.

Paul and I went to a Lion's Club sweetheart dinner around Valentine's Day. It was a fun evening and they went around the room and introduced every member and their date. I sound judgy here, but I was really surprised at how many people there were still married, like just about everyone, and for 30, 40, 50 + years. It was kinda cool. Paul's the young one, or as the guy in charged introduced us, 'the young horny couple who are probably pregnant with number 3 by now'. Kinda awkward, but it made me laugh because the next youngest guy still has about 15 years on Paul, so we're the odd couple but they love us. The table we sat at happened to be full of the ones who's spouses had past away and they'd found new love and friendship again much later in life. I love old people who have cute little crushes.Cute right??Jordon, Kate and Baby B came to visit from Salt Lake! We had so much fun. We hung out in Long Beach the morning they arrived, wandered through shops, and had lunch. That night we had a yummy dinner at Sandy's Bar and Grill. That's our new favorite beach restaurant in Huntington Beach. Saturday was mine and Kate's day. We went shopping and had lunch, and talked and talked and talked. Sunday was golfing day for the boys. Kate and I stayed home with the kids and watched 'The Help'. The whole weekend went too fast. We barbecued, caught up on missed time together and forced our kids to dress alike and pose. And that's pretty much the only thing we took pictures of the whole weekend.As soon as they left I got the crafty bug. I pulled out my sewing machine that I've never used, as well as some paint, frames, paper, fabric and I had so much fun. I made some flag banners just for fun, a couple frames for a friend, fabric braid necklaces... I was on a roll and it was great to be crafty again. But then a couple days later I found myself in a couple facebook conversations about 'The Hunger Games'. I knew the series caught on like wildfire, and that's kinda why I steered clear of it. But finally I decided I better just read it. I bought the first book on Thursday, started it Friday afternoon and finished Saturday morning. I went right to the store and bought the second and third books and pretty much fell off the face of the earth until yesterday afternoon. I read all three books in less that four days. I think my thoughts on the books will be a different post for another day.

And a couple other things we've been up to.Oh, and if you're wondering how ditching the bottle and getting sippy cup trained is going, just take a good look at Garrett's face right after I handed him his cup. I decided going cold turkey won't work because I don't really want Garrett to be hospitalized and hooked up to an IV for dehydration. Sigh...baby steps...

No comments: