Friday, September 3, 2010

a couple things I've done this week

I'm kind of bored. I have really busy days where I'm full of energy and get a ton done, then I have days where the TV is on all day and all I do is sleep, try to start something, don't finish it, and eat. But when you start having dreams that you're driving around with a baby and no car seat and Judge Judy pulls you over for speeding, its time to stop thinking all about baby, turn off the TV, and get some things done around the house.

This is what I've done this week.

I made these frames and hung them up. They'll eventually have pictures. And the bassinet is below them. You can't see it well, but the colors match our bedroom perfect and it doubles as a travel crib/mini playpen...or something.This is an old window that I found on the curb a couple streets away. I added paper to the glass, a couple nails to string some lace, clips, and pictures. The pictures will also change soon, but I got sick of Paul saying, "I really like this post-it note picture frame." When I first made it I clipped yellow post-its in it, but then I found these pics that Paul's Grandpa sent us.This wall needs some work, but this is how it looks for now. I made the little plaque with the knob, and the magnet board with picture. I like it ok. I think the wall needs a bit more though.I'm pretty happy with this area. It's in our dining room as you walk in the front door. We bought the bottom hutch piece unfinished and its been sitting there wrapped in plastic for months. I finally painted it and then Paul distressed, stained, and finished it. We really love how it turned out. I painted, distressed, stained and finished the red hanging shelf and then decorated the pieces with stuff I had around the house. We like it. And in case you're wondering, the little boy in the left picture frame is cute, but since we don't know him, he'll probably be replaced with a picture of our little boy in the future.That's it for now. I also took pictures of the finished nursery while I was taking these ones. Those ones will come in the next day or two.

1 comment:

Tera Alejandre said...

Wow! Andrea, you are so talented!!!