Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Last minute California

My father-in-law spoiled us this past weekend by surprising us with tickets to California for Independence Day. He bought my brother Dave a ticket too. We left Friday night after work and came home yesterday morning.

It was a good trip. (Our last before Paw shows up and probably our last 'last minute trip' for a while.)

Phil's best friend and his wife and kids were there from Seattle. And Mario, one of Paul's best friends from Utah was also there for a two week class at BIOLA, so it was a party.

Saturday the guys swam and did man stuff and the girls went shopping! My mother-in-law found some really cute stuff for the babies room and she bought it for us. (wall decor) I'm really happy about it and I think it'll be cute.

That night we all went to the Angel's game. I love going to baseball games. I tried to do better at pictures this trip, but still never got one of the group.
Sunday, Paul and I took Dave to the beach. It was a beautiful day.
After that, everyone hung out in the pool and we had a big bbq with about 20 people. So yummy! Later was sat on the deck and watched all the firework shows. We had a perfect view of 3 or 4 different locations and it didn't involve driving anywhere or fighting any crowds. It was great.

Here are the boys showing off. It was actually quite impressive. Paul ended the day with no injuries and Dave ended with a slight black eye and a bruised (maybe cracked) rib or two.
The next morning we left. The time always goes by too fast.

Here is my 30 week picture from Saturday. At least I'm pretty sure it's 30 weeks. Is it weird that I don't keep track? Well, I try to, but I forget.
Paul and I saw a pregnant girl at the farmer's market a couple weeks ago wearing a shirt that said:
I'm not fat,
I'm pregnant.
(and fat.)

I loved it. I feel like I'm nearing the chapter of pregnancy where I stay behind the camera...

2 comments:

Elessar said...

Robyn and I both really like Paul's hat :)

Unknown said...

You look great, Andrea! Don't hide behind the camera! You'll regret not having pictures from the pregnancy. It's crazy to look back and think, "Wow, he was in there!"