Monday, August 31, 2009

Project 365: Week 35

August 24
Paul and I are always tired. One of us always wants to go to bed early, usually him. We both leave around 9 and get home after 6. I never feel caught up on housework and I'm always wondering where the piles come from and how the dishwasher fills up and the garbage needs to be taken out so often if we're never home. Fortunately we both enjoy our jobs but this isn't a routine I want to be in forever. Someone tell the this state of always feeling a little behind is normal. Paul needs more sleep than I do for sure, but we both love it and need more.August 25
Date night! Even with all the busyness we've done really well and just being us on Tuesday nights. It's almost always B & D's for dinner, sometimes the park, sometimes shopping, sometimes a movie. Tonight was B & D's and a movie. The Time Travelers Wife. I think I liked it. I did however make a comment on facebook last night that I only liked it when I didn't think too much about it being the story of a 40 something naked man who falls in love with a 6 year old. (It's not that graphic mom) but when you see the movie and think about it without all the back and forth and emotions and friendship and love and commitment and sadness, that's kiiiinda the deal. Oh, but this picture. This is on the door when you exit the theatre at the gateway. For some reason I thought it was so funny. I made jokes about it all the way to the parking garage and Paul just looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. Then I made him walk all the way back with me so I could take a picture. I'm glad he loves me.August 26
We had dinner with Erik and Deb last week. I think I mentioned that, and the Marie Callender's fresh peach pie. I'm not a pie fan at all, but I LOVED it. A couple nights ago Paul got another one for us. I was really dissappointed. The peaches weren't ripe and so what once was this sweet perfect yumminess (that seemed healthy and fresh) was crunchy and tart. Sad. Today I was bored. (Day off) I did some google work and then began my journey. 4 stores for peaches and 2 stores for crust. Oh yeah, I'm claiming that I made this pie, but Marie actually made the crust. I thought it was way good, Paul liked it better that Marie Callender's. I wouldn't go that far, but I was pretty proud of myself.August 27
We flew to California tonight. Here we are on the plane. Look how cool that guy in the back ground is. I love it!August 29
Paulie went to the Ronald Reagan Museum today. Me and the girls stayed home and had massages. Amazing! My mother in law payed someone to come to the house and massage us, then we laid in the sun and played in the pool. Great day. Here is my hubby my AF1...I guess. This was his picture for the day.August 30
My father in law cooked and had friends over tonight. It was so fun! Paul and I turned it into a late birthday party and got his dad a cake. We had a great time and met some new great friends.August 31
The weekend was a lot about planning our future move to CA. We spent some time with a contractor and did a lot of measuring, planning, looking at kitchen stores, tile stores, Home Depot, Lowe's, IKEA, etc. Here was part of the shopping around and planning that we did at IKEA. Our favorite kitchen was here. Of course. My favorite everything is at IKEA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

Just wanted to let you know that i really like your blog and can relate to your spirituale journey. Wish you all the best in the world!

Greetings from Holland
Bregje