Wednesday, February 27, 2008

i can't sleep

Here's a quick update on my life (after Peru). I guess I just usually tell about the super exciting or fun things, like traveling. And I don't think about the day to day normal life stuff.

So...

1. Music is my boyfriend, music is my girlfriend. That's right, I got an ipod touch. It's so cool...maybe, I dunno...it looks cool in the box. Will someone come teach me how to use it?? It was a birthday present. Yep, free ipod. Pretty much better than any other ipod.

2. My apartment is starting to look like an apartment instead of a storage unit. It's fun, I love living alone. I'll put some pictures on here soon, I just wanna get my place a little more put together first. But it's coming along!

3. How did I ever survive without DVR?...I guess the same way I survived without a cell phone and keyless entry and ziploc steamer bags and IKEA. But I'm glad I have all those things now. I really don't watch much TV, but the TV I do watch is always DVRed. Sometimes when I accidentally watch live TV I get frustrated and think my remote is broken when the commercials don't fast forward. Aww, what a blessing. :)

4. I love Chinese food. I might never get sick of it. Sampan has the best hot & sour soup in Utah. I can prove it.

5. My mom is so cute. She uses those wax number candles on our birthday cakes. The only problem is she only has a 1, 2, 4 and 9. And she also has a few of the regular little birthday candles. So, there's always some kind of equation on the cake at our birthday parties. This year I turned 28. So, there was a 2 and a 9 and then a normal candle lying down (to make a minus sign) and then the 1. 29-1=28. Good job mom! I think I might splurge though and buy her the missing candles. I don't wanna do math on my birthday!

6. I haggled at RCWilley today and I saved $30.00. I thought you could only haggle in Mexico and Peru. But I did it and it worked. Kristin did it last week at Payless Shoes and saved $4.00 so I guess it is possible in the US of A.

7. A couple days ago I decided to do something else from my book of '2,001 things to do before you die.' I picked, send postcards to a bunch of people for no reason. So I went and bought a few postcards of scenic Utah and sent them to friends and family (all in Utah). I got messages from all my family members tonight thanking me for the postcards...I could sense that they all thought it was a bit odd, but come on, its better than bills. I'm gonna try and send more random happy mail. Ooh, And, the mailman in the aves is cute. So on days I'm home I'll watch for him and run out and hand deliver my mail. Genius.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

Hey Andrea! i havent been on a computer since we got home, and i love your blog posts of peru stuff! it looks so good! thanks for the great trip. it was really amazing... The more i think about it the more i love it.

Anonymous said...

we're super jealous that you went to Puru. It's on my top 10 list of cool places I want to visit. We'll have to chat when we finally get around to going.

Melanie said...

My iPod was a gift too! Thanks to good friends I am up to date on all of that stuff.