Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sing like no one is listening...or do it in another country where they won´t understand you.

I'm back in Lima and I'm leaving for Cusco tomorrow. We were suppose to go today but there was a mix up with our flight, so one more day in Lima. It´s ok, we´re going to a fiesta tonight then we fly out tomorrow afternoon. I´m also watching the Superbowl tonight. If the Seahawks aren´t playing I don´t really care who plays or wins. But it´ll still be fun to watch the Patriots win.

I bought a guitar yesterday, although I don´t play, but Sara my cousin does. So, along with all the sight seein and humanitarian doin, we´ll also be performing on the streets for money. We´re hoping to really blow these Peruvians away with our talent. We´re also hoping to find small towns that don´t have any other gringos in em. My underline motivation for this is from a book I bought a few months ago called ´2,001 things to do before you die.´ One of them is to ´Perform on the streets of a foriegn country for money.´ I want to learn to play the guitar when I get home, and also ballroom dancing. I watched ´Shall We Dance´en Español a couple days ago and I really wanna learn to dance. I don´t think that´s in the book, but I´ll add it. There are some things in the book I´ll never do. Like, eat a gold fish, or wake up next to Brad Pitt. But there are alot I have done and alot I want to do.

Speaking of movies, I went to Cloverfield, or Cloverton, or something like that last night with some boys we met at the hostal. Stupidest movie of all time. Don´t go.

P.S. To those of you who were excited about my Valentines Day/House Warming Party on the 14th. It´ll have to be posponed. The rules of the party were, no couples, and you had to bring me a house warming gift. Rescheduling details will come shortly...maybe it´ll be an Andrea´s Birthday/House Warming Party. Couples will be allowed, but it´ll require 2 gifts. ;) Fun!

Adios Amigos! I´m finding that I understand quite a bit of Spanish these days, and speak a few words too. It´s alot easier than Russian.

3 comments:

Randi Kay said...

oh you and your adventures. I'm glad peru was good to you. I want to come to a party!! invite me...

Melanie said...

When are you coming back to America? I have news. And no, it's not that I'm prego.

it's me, andrea. said...

What the shi melly. i hate it when you do this. I'll be home on friday.