Tuesday, September 30, 2008

plus 0.8, minus 3.5, not great, but not devastating.


I'm sure I've mentioned that I have a personal trainer that I meet with twice a week. His name is J.R. and he totally kicks my butt and I love slash hate it. I've had 4 weeks of training and I bet I've told him I hate him like a thousand times. I punch him a lot, role my eyes a lot, swear a lot, and today I may have called him a nazi. He goes above and beyond to annoy me as much as possible. Today he actually pulled a yellow flag from his shorts and threw it in the air...like I was a football player...and I had a penalty called on me or something. We laugh a lot and fyi, it hurts to laugh when you're in the middle of an intense workout. He said it makes me stronger. Whatever. We're really mean to each other but at the end of the sessions I feel good about myself and he tells me all the time that I'm his favorite client.

He did my one month measurements today and sadly I gained 0.8lb. Sad. But I dropped 3.5% body fat. WooHoo! Maybe he told me this to make me feel even better, but J.R. was totally amazed and said that most people who are just trying to burn fat, (and not also working on muscle building, endurance training, etc.) usually average about 1% a month. That made me feel a little better about the almost 1 pound gain. I only have 2 more sessions with him and I had decided that I'd learned enough and that when my sessions were done I could do it on my own.

*sidenote* He's one of those adorable kids, (he's only 21) with a baby face and a lot of charm, the kind of charm that when we walk past the window where the pool is, all the old chubby grandmas doing water aerobics giggle and wave at him.

Well, his charm got to me today, (not really) but I decided to buy another session package. I got a good deal, a really good deal. And this round I'm gonna focus on the ell bee droppage. I mean it's great to feel my muscles getting stronger and to see that I'm losing fat percentage. But I really want to weigh less. So, wish me luck and hopefully in 4 weeks I'll give you a better update.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! I'm very much looking forward to actually working at the gym again. I'm there... but it's not much WORK invovled at this point.

Kylee Jane said...

it was the baby face wasn't it.......

Anonymous said...

Good job! Way to stay motivated.

Anonymous said...

Did you get my emails? I'm starting to think that the best way to contact you is via your glog!!

it's me, andrea. said...

Jake, yes I got your emails...and your text. Sorry, I've kinda busied up these days. But I have to say, you're the first person who has ever tried to contact me through my 'glog'. So, good job. That deserves a response. ;)