Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sight seeing in Kiev


The days go by so fast. I’ll be home 2 weeks from tomorrow, crazy. It’s not really feeling like Christmas to me this year. Probably because Christmas in Ukraine is on January 7th and New Year’s is a lot bigger of a celebration than Christmas. Also, it’s usually around this time each year that I decide I should make chocolate caramel pretzels, popcorn balls and sugar cookies and take them to my friends and neighbors. I would also probably be spending a lot of time shopping. But, I don’t really have many friends or neighbors in Ukraine and even if I did I’m sure I’d buy the wrong ingredients. I’ll probably find some time in the next few days to do some shopping.

I went sight seeing yesterday with Zhenya. It was a lot of fun. I’d seen a couple of the places before but not with someone who spoke English and could explain everything to me. (Mom, in picture 2 on the collage I know what that big rock is now.) I have a picture of that rock that I took in the summer and my mom asked me what it was and I had no idea. Now I know.

Ukraine is really beautiful. It’s ridiculously cold and it gets dark around 4:00PM, but it’s beautiful. I really like it here. I’m a lucky duck.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: