Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas questions everyone must blog about.


(This is my little Ukrainian Christmas tree. I couldn't get a bigger one because it wouldn't fit in my apartment.)

Wrapping paper of gift bags? Paper when I’m doing great at shopping early and organizing lists…so mostly bags. This year my families were all wrapped in paper and under the tree by Dec. 3rd.
Real tree or artificial? Real as a kid, fake as a grown up. I think I’ll eventually go back to real when I buy a truck.
When do you put up the tree? The day or 2 after Thanksgiving
When do you take the tree down? Late on Jan. 1st or early Jan. 2nd.
Do you like eggnog? Nope.
Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my day bed or karaoke machine.
Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a few. My mom collects them and I love seeing then all every year. I think I’m kinda starting to collect them too.
Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
Easiest person to buy for? My Mom
Worst Christmas gift ever received? I have a hard time remembering gifts. My parents gave me tools one year, at first I thought it was mislabeled and was suppose to be for one of my brothers. I tried to act happy, but I thought it was kinda weird. But now, I use those tools all the time!
Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually -I’m watching it right now, and I’ll probably watch it a couple more times this year. Also, Fred Clause was surprisingly good, and I’m a fan of Elf. But for me Love Actually will be an all time favorite. I never miss watching Christmas Vacation every year either, but I forgot to bring it to Ukraine. Sad…
When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday, EARLY! This year it started at 11:00PM on Thanksgiving when Zhenya and I headed to Park City for mid-night madness. I swore I wouldn’t do it this year, but I can’t help it.
Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t think so.
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Caramel popcorn balls. (Mom, will you bring me one when you pick me up at the airport?)
Clear lights or colored on the tree? Always clear, its so peaceful and beautiful.
Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Shoes, anything on Celine Dion’s These are Special Times CD, or any Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like being at home, but its fun to travel if you’re with people you love. This year I’ll be further from my family than I’ve ever been. But I’ll be with good people.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: