Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Project 365: 244-261

September 1- We went to church today to see some friends bless their baby girl.  Addie had a wardrobe fail.  Watermelon summer dress, Christmas dove shoes.
September 2- My attempt at duplicating Wendy's berry almond chicken salad.  Nailed it.
September 3- Either teething was easier for Garrett, or Addie was "blessed" with all the drama skills in the family.  She's been a hot mess today and I blame it on a couple new teeth coming in.  Garrett maybe had a rough night or two, but nothing like this cute little drama queen. Ice cream helped for a minute.  Not really, but I had one and it helped me.
September 4- Give this girl a truck and a pool and it's a little slice of heaven on earth.  It's so stupid hot in California right now.  The pool is a life saver.
September 5- I feel like I haven't cooked in so long, (for the record, it was still too hot).  It took looking at four different chicken pot pie recipes before I decided I might have enough ingredients to make something that resembled a pot pie.  Turned out ok.  And both kids ate it.
September 6- Farmers Market breakfast.
September 7- It's been a long week with these two and their love/hate relationship.  Seeing this this morning while I was making breakfast was good for my heart.  Especially because they didn't know I was watching, and Garrett scooted closer to Addie, just because.
September 8- It's football season.  Addie doesn't know yet how big of a deal that is around here.  She better be checking my fantasy team.
September 9- Oh sweet relief!  I almost kissed my chiropractor just now, but I didn't want to make things awkward for next time.
September 10- I don't know what they're doing, but they're close to each other and I don't hear screaming.  Good enough for me.
September 11- I don't think the kids have ever seen the grandparents' door locked.  They were a bit confused.  They knocked and knocked...  Thankfully they were home so Paul and I could go on a date!  (By date I mean dinner in the car and counseling.  One of my favorite dates, really.)
September 12- Done and done.  Don't you wish you were going to the meeting these platters are going to?  Paul hosted a Transitional Care Task Force meeting with several funeral homes and hospice homes.
September 13- It's been a long week and we haven't seen much of Paul.  It was nice to go out to dinner and a long walk together tonight.
September 14- Garrett got an early birthday present today.  He's upgrading from a crib sized toddler bed, or as he calls it, the big boy bed, to a twin size bed, or as he calls it, the big BIG boy bed.
September 15- Not to be all, "Hey Paul, here's some salt for you wound."  But his team is done and I still have one more game. (I'm White Noise.)
September 16- This week is shaping up to be full of chores and errands I don't want to do.  But look at the pretty tree I parked under at one of my stops today.
September 17- I'm fine.  Just wearing a heart monitor for the next 24 hours, but I'm fine.  Really.
September 18- I took the kids today to cash in all their pennies at a coinstar.  It was pretty exciting to walk in with pennies and walk out with "paper monies!"  They made $8.91!  I kept the 91 cents cuz I drove them and gas ain't free.

1 comment: