Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Trip to Utah: Part 1

We spent a couple weeks in Utah, and going through all the pictures is overwhelming, so I'm going to keep the details short and break it up into 3 or 4 posts over the next few days.

The reason for the trip was for our Bear Lake trip with friends, but we had a few days before and then some unexpected days after as well. Garrett's trip was even longer than the rest of ours because his Grammy was in California and then he flew home with her a couple days before Paul and I drove out with the baby. We drove out on Thursday June 14th, after Paul got off work. He drove the first hour or so, then I took over and he and Lulu slept. My plan was to drive for a couple hours and then switch so I could sleep, but the silence of Lulu sleeping peacefully kept me going because I knew she'd wake up if we stopped. I had to stop for gas but it was quiet and quick enough that she wasn't too disturbed, and I drove the whole way! We got in around 4AM Friday morning.

Saturday was spend at the downtown farmers market and crafting while all the men went fishing.Garrett loved the musicians. Addie loved people watching. Grammy loved playing with the babies. And my sis-in-law, Samira and I loved the food and the handmade baby stuff.Sunday was Father's day. We had dinner with the family and Auntie, Uncle Jon, Aunt Barb, and Grandma and Grandpa Garrett. This was the first time that our whole (Greenhalgh) family was together since Taylor got married last October, just a few weeks before Addie was born.After dinner, we went to my sis-in-law Laura's parent's house in Centerville for Volleyball and dessert.Grammy and Grandpa bought a bike trailer and Garrett tried it out. It was a hit!



No comments: