Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

We carved pumpkins tonight. Garrett of course did no carving, but he helped clean his pumpkin out a bit. And the stuff he did clean out, he ate. I tried to stop him, and I did stop him when he tried to eat the seeds. But he seemed to think it was delicious, so whatever. We've had squash a couple times the past few days and I'm guessing it tasted close enough to that that he thought it was the same thing.I took the easy route. An idea I saw on pinterest, drilling holes in the pumpkin. Super easy and kinda fun actually. I also carved Garrett's. Simple triangles and a drilled mouth. (I also saw an idea where you hammer cookie cutters into the pumpkin and then pull them out. Maybe I'll do that next year.)

Aw yes, we had to put a baby pumpkin inside mine for a picture before we added the candles.I'm surprised Garrett sat there with us the whole time. I guess he's just curious enough to stick around when he sees something new going on.And here's a couple of my Halloween decorations I made this year. I just painted the lids black, and added ribbon, stickers, and candy.I bought this candle holder on clearance and it was an ugly color and the gems were even uglier. I spray pained it all black. Then I looked at 5 different stores for orange candles, and failed. So I resorted to pumpkins and I kinda like it.I also made this FALL garland thing. I got the letters in Utah at Ben Franklin Crafts, painted them brown and added paper. I wasn't sure what to do with them, but I had this leaf garland from last year so I tied the letters to it and I really love how it turned out.

No comments: